As a company, we do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and welcome Persons of all Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, or National Origin.
Please be prepared to pay the application fee ($40) as outlined in the property listing. In addition to this rental application, you will also be required to provide a copy of a valid form of identification and proof of income.
The following is the APPLICANT CRITERIA: Including CREDIT CRITERIA, RENTAL HISTORY CRITERIA, INCOME CRITERIA, CRIMINAL CHECK, EVICTION HISTORY and BACKGROUND POLICY and PET POLICY. By submitting your application, you are acknowledging that you have read and understand the CRITERIA and POLICIES.
Please read the following policies. If you feel you meet the qualification guidelines, please submit an application. We process all applications received. If there are multiple applications, the most qualified application will be approved (ex. higher credit score, higher income, better rental history). The reason is that we have an obligation to the property owner to find the best qualified applicant. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If more than one person is applying with the applicant, both or all will need to be submitted together.
- Each person of 18 years of age or older who occupies the home, must complete an online application.
- Our residences are non-smoking properties (including garage space).
- Renters insurance is required to reside in our managed properties. We have a 3rd Party Insurance company that provides renter's insurance.
There is a $40 non-refundable processing fee for each applicant. Applications are completed online.
- Currently, we use Transunion to determine credit score and other reporting. Scores from other sources will not be accepted.
- We will obtain a credit report for each applicant. Reports supplied by applicants will not be accepted.
- If the credit score is under 600, application will be denied.
- An open Federal Tax Lien will cause application denial.
- Bankruptcy status and age will determine if an application is accepted with increased deposit or denied.
RENTAL/EVICTION HISTORY CRITERIA: The following can be used for rejection or increased Security Deposit:
- Eviction, broken lease or judgment within the last 5 years is an automatic denial.
- Eviction or outstanding balances due to a previous landlord over 5 years old could have an increased deposit or denial.
- We do not take rental verifications from family members.
- Please make sure you have correct contact information for the landlord.
- 1 person must meet or exceed monthly gross income that is 3x the monthly rent.
- We will combine up to TWO gross monthly incomes which must meet or exceed 3.5x monthly rent (income must be from people occupying the home)
- Income will be verified by the employer's HR department or, the prior month’s pay stubs with YTD calculation on check stub, to be provided with the application upon submission of the application.
- Self-employed applicants must attach 2 year’s worth of current tax returns - no exceptions. The AGI on your tax returns must reflect an amount that meets or exceeds the income requirement. Bank statements will ONLY be used to verify self-employed applicants along with tax returns.
- Unverifiable income will not be considered.
Photo ID must be provided at the time the lease application is submitted.
CRIMINAL CHECK and BACKGROUND POLICY:
A criminal background check will be run on every applicant. Felonies involving person or property convictions are cause for automatic rejection. Review the attached list of offenses that are cause for rejection. Your application authorizes Rose Real Estate to perform a Criminal Background check on you. The following offenses are cause for automatic rejection:
- Arson or Destruction of Property
- Indecency with a Child
- Lewd Behavior
- Organized Crime
- Sale/Manufacture of Drugs
- Sex Crimes
- Stolen Identity
Any other offense may be cause for rejection or for special provisions to be added to your lease, such as Bad Checks would be cause for us to not accept rent payment by check.
Each rental property may or may not allow for pets (subject to each landlord's approval). If a rental property allows pets, our Pet Policy is as follows, and this is not an agreement to allow you to have a pet. A Pet Agreement must be in place before you bring a pet on the property. When you apply to have a Pet Agreement, a current picture of the pet must be submitted, along with their shot records. The Pet Agreement is only good for that particular pet and not for any subsequent pets.
All pets will be subject to additional monthly pet fees. Each rental property may require a larger pet fee as determined by the Landlord.
- CONDITION OF MOVE-IN: All utility accounts must be transferred into the residents’ name as of the date of possession. Keys will not be handed to the tenant until proof is provided.
- If, after reading the above and reviewing our Credit, Rental, Income, Criminal, Eviction and Pet Criteria, you consider yourself qualified under these guidelines, please understand the following:
- We may not process your application without the correct funds and all documentation being submitted together. Your application may be held in an incomplete status or denied.
- Once we notify you that your application has been approved, you will have TWO business days to bring the full Security Deposit AND 1st Month's Rent to our office and sign the lease or we will move on to the next qualified applicant. Only Cashier's Checks, Cash or Money Orders will be accepted.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL US AT 219-836-2400